Lesson 9: International Trade -Insurance 国际贸易-保险

Helen:I'm calling to discuss the level of insurance coverage1 you've requested for your order.

海伦:我打电话来是想讨论你所需要的订单保险额的级别。

Henry:I believe that we have requested an amount twenty-five percent above the invoice2 value?

亨利:我想大家需要的是高于发票价值百分之二十五的保险金额。

Helen:Yes, that's right. We have no problem in complying with your request, but we think that the amount is a bit excessive.

海伦:是的,没错。大家可以答应这个需要,但大家感觉金额有点太高。

Henry:We've had a lot of trouble in the past with damaged goods.

亨利:大家过去有太多货物毁损的困扰。

Helen:I can understand your concern. However, the normal coverage for goods of this type is to insure them for the total invoice amount plus ten percent.

海伦:我能知道你的考虑。然而,一般这种商品的保险额度是发票总额再加百分之十。

Henry:We would feel more comfortable with the additional protection.

亨利:有额外的保障会让大家感觉安全些。

Helen:Unfortunately, if you want to increase the coverage, we will have to charge you extra for the additional cosplayt.

海伦:非常遗憾,假如你们想增加保险额的话,大家就得向你们收取额外的成本。

Henry:But the insurance was supposed to be included in the quotation3.

亨利:但保险应该包括在价格里了。

Helen:Yes, but we quoted you normal coverage at regular rates.

海伦:是的,但大家向你们报的价是一般比率下的正常保险额。

Henry:I see.

亨利:我知道。

Helen:We can, however, arrange the extra coverage. But I suggest you contact your insurance agent there and compare rates.

海伦:不过超出的保险额大家可以再商量。但我建议你和你们那边的保险代理商联络并比较一下价格。

Henry:You're right. It might be cheaper on this end.

亨利:你说得没错,在这边或许会比较实惠。

Helen:Fax me whatever rates you find there and I'll compare them with what we can offer.

海伦:不论你那里找到的是那一种价格都传真给我,我会和大家可以提供的价格来做比较